Monday 26 January 2015

County Mall Please Sort The Access Issues!

So as everybody knows I am from Crawley and at the weekend I went into town to do a bit of shopping and decided to park in the Mall which is not usually where I would go but wanted to get the car washed!

What the hell is going on that they have closed one whole entrance the nearest one to the Car Wash! So after a quick bit of research it would appear this has been done to guarantee footfall to Primark to get them into the Mall!

Now I would like to say I have no problem with Primark and surely people will still go there if they need to but people who do not are just annoyed by having to walk the entire length of the mall to get to any of the shops at the other end. Put that alongside the fact access has never been the greatest with only 2 lifts serving the Car Parks and now we are forcing people through one door.

Then I realised the static stairs that used to be by the lift have gone as well! Surely this is just far to much of a compromise to get Primark in the Mall, I shop in Primark and usually park away from the Mall but still go in there so the increased Foot fall can not be that essential to their business.

With the current improvements taking place to the mall which I feel are long overdue (just wish the new parking payment system would hurry up!) surely we could switch the escalators back to go down instead of up outside Boots given that they can not add more lifts for people now the building is built they should stop trying to herd people around like cattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment