Thursday 29 January 2015

The State Of Breezehurst Drive!

Whilst I was sad to see houses being built on the site of the old Bewbush Leisure Center it was not a huge surprise that this would happen and to be fair Buchans Mead looks like a lovely development of housing.

My issue is with the state it is leaving Breezehurst Drive in with the works traffic constantly up and down the road. There are pot holes all over the place that were not there before the works commenced and as this is a major route for Fastway route 10 would of thought better care would of been taken over the road.

Now we all know that the state of Crawley's roads has long been open for debate and quite frankly enough care is not taken of them, if you drive around other towns the roads are in no way the same state as Crawley have had to put up with at times.

The more I think about it the more I feel that if I was buying a home and went to view these houses the main road would be a major factor to me that it is in such a bad state of repair and lets be honest is only likely to get worse.

Now for the common sense bit surely when planning approval was granted by our "Wonderful Councillors" perhaps a condition should of been put in that the builders were responsible for the cost of resurfacing the road once construction was completed.

Not to mention the bus stop on Breezehurst Drive closes to the roundabout at Bewbush Shops that is in the most dangerous position I have ever seen for a bus stop! How there has not been an accident there I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment